Eureka / Gadzooks Guide
Researchers often analyze the huge data sets generated on Intrepid by converting it into visual representations on ALCF's Eureka, a system featuring a large installation of NVIDIA Quadro Plex S4 external graphics processing unit (GPUs).
The ALCF also operates Gadzooks, a visualization test and deployment system.
- 100 compute nodes: each with (2) 2.0 GHz quad-core
- Xeon servers with 32 GB RAM
- 200 NVIDIA Quadro FX5600 GPUs in 50 S4s
- Memory: More than 3.2 terabytes of RAM
- Peak Performance: More than 111 mostly single precision teraflops of computation use a fraction of electricity compared to alternative architectures.
- 4 compute nodes: each with (2) 2.0 GHz quad-core Xeon servers with 32 GB RAM
- 8 NVIDIA Quadro FX5600 GPUs in 2 S4s