- Core File Settings on Mira/Cetus/Vesta/a>: this page contains some environment variables that allow you to control code file creation and contents.
- Using VNC with a Debugger on Mira/Cetus/Vesta: when displaying an X11 client (e.g. Totalview) remotely over the network, interactive response is typically slow. Using the VNC server can often help you improve the situation.
- bgq_stack on Mira/Cetus/Vesta: a script developed at ALCF that uses addr2line to print a symbolic version of the stack in a BG/P core file.
- Coreprocessor debugger on Mira/Cetus/Vesta: a basic tool that enables parallel debug of problems at all levels (hardware, kernel, and application).
- The GNU Project Debugger on Mira/Cetus/Vesta : gdb allows you to see what is going on 'inside' another program while it executes -- or what another program was doing at the moment it crashed.
- Totalview on Mira/Cetus/Vesta: a GUI-based source code defect analysis tool that gives you unprecedented control over processes and thread execution and visibility into program state and variables.
Common Debugging Issues
- Determining Memory Use on Mira/Cetus/Vesta: learn how to use the glibc mallinfo call along with the Mira/Cetus/Vesta personality to get the information on used/available memory in your code.