*ALCF staff members are currently working remotely. Because of this, we will switch to a modified phone-support model. If users require phone support, they should email email@example.com with their accounts-related queries instead of calling the ALCF Help Desk number. Support staff will set up calls via teleconferencing software (video is optional) and provide a number for users to dial. Email support will continue to function normally.
The ALCF retired Mira, Cetus, and Vesta on December 31, 2019.
Now that Mira is retired, you will no longer be able to run jobs on Mira, Cetus, and Vesta. However, you will be able to access your project data as described below.
We will update this page with any new information.
Things to know about the retirement of Mira, Cetus, and Vesta:
- General users will not be able to run jobs on Mira beginning January 1, 2020.
- Mira, Cetus, and Vesta login nodes will be available until March 31, 2020, so that users can log in, and access data in home and project directories.
- Mira, Cetus, and Vesta home and project data will also be available via Globus until March 31, 2020, according to our data policy.
- Users with access to Cooley can also access Mira (and Cetus) file system through Cooley login nodes.
- Please copy or transfer your files off Mira’s and Vesta’s file systems. There is no need to delete files as the ALCF will delete the file systems as part of the storage hardware decommissioning. The ALCF will also be destroying the hard drives used in the Mira and Vesta file systems, so file deletion is not required in order to prevent unintended access.