The ALCF is retiring Mira, Cetus, and Vesta on December 31, 2019.
Once retired, you will no longer be able to run jobs on Mira, Cetus and Vesta. However, you will be able to access your project data as described below.
We will update this page with any new information.
Things to know about the retirement of Mira, Cetus, and Vesta:
- General users will not be able to run jobs on Mira beginning January 1, 2020.
- Login nodes will be available until March 1, 2020, so that users can log in, and access data in home and project directories.
- Users with access to Cooley can also access Mira (and Cetus) file system through Cooley login nodes.
- Mira, Cetus, and Vesta home and project data will be available via Globus until March 31, 2020, according to our data policy.
- Please copy or transfer your files off Mira’s and Vesta’s file systems. There is no need to delete files as the ALCF will delete the file systems as part of the storage hardware decommissioning. The ALCF will also be destroying the hard drives used in the Mira and Vesta file systems, so file deletion is not required in order to prevent unintended access.