The Department of Energy (DOE) requires the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) to report the progress and scientific accomplishments of all ALCC projects. ALCF, in turn, requires PIs from all ALCC projects to complete a quarterly report and a final end-of-project (EOP) report.
Due dates for the 2022-2023 ALCC quarterly and the EOP reports are:
• October 1, 2022 (CY2022 - Q3)
• January 1, 2023 (CY2023 - Q4)
• April 1, 2023 (CY2023 - Q1)
• August 15, 2023 (CY2023 - EOP)
If a quarterly report is more than 30 days late:
• The ability to submit jobs for the PI, sub-projects, and users of the late project will be disabled.
If a quarterly report is more than 90 days late:
• The PI, sub-projects, and and users of the late project will have their accounts disabled.
A similar penalty will also be applied to new ALCC projects with the same PI or co-PIs that have failed to submit the EOP report for a previous ALCC project. If the EOP report is more than 15 days late:
• The new ALCC project will be blocked. For a currently active ALCC project, the ability to submit jobs will be disabled for the project and all sub-projects. For a project that has not been created yet, the process for new project creation will be halted.
These penalties will be removed within three business days after the late quarterly or EOP report is submitted.
A PI or user may appeal a project or account suspension to the ALCF Director by a request to support at alcf.anl.gov.
Templates for the quarterly and the EOP reports can be found at the links on the bottom of this page.
Please modify the filename to replace PINAME with the last name of the PI of the ALCC project, ALLOCATION to ALCC, and YEAR to the corresponding calendar year. For quarterly reports, please replace the X in the filename with the quarter number. For example, for a project with PI 'Joe Smith' that is submitting the quarterly report for the first quarter in calendar year 2017 for ALCC, the filename will be Smith_ALCC_2018_Q1.docx. For an EOP report, replace YEARS with the years associated with your allocation. For example, an ALCC 2018-2019 project with PI 'Joe Smith' would have a filename of Smith_ALCC_2018-2019_EOP.docx