You can use the latest Arm (Allinea) DDT debugger and MAP performance profiler on the XC40 system (Theta) and the data analytics cluster (Cooley). On the BG/Q systems (Mira, Cetus, Vesta), DDT debugger version 7 is available. MAP is not supported on PPC architectures such as BG/Q.
There is no limit to the number of users; however, users have to share the available license tokens.
Modules and Soft keys
On Theta, for the latest version load the module forge/18.2.1 Do not "module load forge". When usingthe Allinea Remote Client, specify remote installation directory, "/soft/debuggers/forge-18.2.1-2018-08-07”. The Remote Client version must match.
On the systems managed with softenv (Cooley, Mira, Cetus, Vesta), use the soft key "+forge" for the latest version available. When using the Allinea Remote Client, specfiy remote installation directory "/soft/debuggers/forge".
Step 1: Start up DDT
DDT may be started in two ways.
- Via Remote Client from your laptop or workstation (Recommended)
- Running the DDT client on a login node and displaying back to you via X11.
Option A: Remote Client (Recommended)
This method is best for remote use of DDT because the GUI client runs directly on your laptop or workstation. This has much lower remote bandwith requirements than the other method.
- The Allinea download page is at http://www.allinea.com/products/downloads/download-allinea-ddt-and-allinea-map (Note: There is a link near the bottom of the page for versions prior to the latest release.)
- For Mac or Windows, download the "Remote Client" for your OS.
- For Linux, download the full version of DDT for your distro. Even if you do not have a license to run on your local machine, it can be used as a remote client.
- After installation, run the application and select Remote Launch->Configure to set up a configuation to connect to the login node.
When prompted for the "Remote Installation Directory", type in /soft/debuggers/ddt for the default version of ddt (corresponding to the soft key +ddt). For an alternate version, use that path instead (e.g. /soft/debuggers/ddt-4.2.1-36714-2014-06-03).