Visit on Cooley
On your local machine:
- Download (https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit/downloads) and install VisIt (The most recent version installed on Cooley is 2.12.3. Versions 2.10.2 and 2.9.1 are also available.)
- Download the Cooley host profile for VisIt (you may need to right-click and choose "Save link as..." or "Save target as...")
- Copy this file to a file called ~/.visit/hosts/host_anl_cooley.xml
Running VisIt in Interactive Mode
- Start up VisIt on your local machine (Version 2.12.3, 2.10.2, or 2.9.1)
- Click File -> Open File and choose "ANL Cooley" from the "Host" dropdown
- You'll be prompted for your password; enter your Cryptocard response (with PIN)
When you open a selected file, it will launch a job on Cooley
- You will need to specify the "Bank" (Project) to use when VisIt submits jobs to the queue on Cooley. Specify a project in the Options box.
- If your environment doesn't get sourced correctly with non-interactive SSH, you can set the default project to use under Options -> Host profiles
- Note: Don't change the contents of the "Machine file" field (it should be $COBALT_NODEFILE)
- Note: The default Launch Profile is set to serial. Do not change this default setting.
- If you'd like to change other job parameters (like the number of processes, nodes, and walltime), you can do so.
- If you'd like these changes to be used as your default, be sure to save them using Save Settings under the Options menu.
Running VisIt in Batch Mode
- Edit your .soft.cooley file to include the "@visit" key before the "@default" line
- When running VisIt in batch mode on Cooley, the default version is 2.12.3
If you need a different version, you can specify this as a command line option using "-v
" (versions 2.10.2 and 2.9.1 are also supported)