The application deadline for the 2014 Margaret Butler Fellowship has now passed. Please visit our Careers webpage for additional opportunities.
The fellow will have the opportunity to collaborate with Argonne scientists to use Mira, the ALCF's 10-petaflops supercomputer, to push scientific boundaries in their field of expertise.
The ALCF invites outstanding postdoctoral candidates, both male and female, to apply for the fellowship. Candidates must have a recent PhD prior to the beginning of the appointment. Benefits include a highly competitive salary, moving expenses, and a professional travel allowance. The appointment is for one year and may be renewed for another year.
Please read the detailed instructions before applying to help guide your process.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter (optional)
- Curriculum vitae, including list of publications, abstracts, and significant presentations
- Statement of research interests
- List of three reference names and email addresses. Referees may be a member of the dissertation committee, colleagues, other supervisors, or other professors, who can attest to your ability and potential.
- Nomination letter (≤2 pages) from Argonne sponsor that addresses the strengths of the candidate, the merits of the research proposal and how the candidate’s work is expected to contribute to or grow Argonne’s research programs.
- Graduate school transcripts
To apply for the fellowship, go to the ANL's postdoc career portal and search for the LCF requisition number #321319. The application deadline for the 2014 Margaret Butler Fellowship has now passed.
Questions concerning the application process should be directed to ALCF’s Human Resources Representative, Denise Nelson.