We offer a variety of videocconferences and workshops each year to provide training and information for new and existing users. Click on the events, below, for details and registration information.
2017 Event Schedule
- Jan. 12, Jan. 18 | Getting Started on ALCF Resources - New user training via videoconference (view slides) - March Getting Started sessions and additional 2017 sessions to be announced.
2016 Event Schedule
- Multiple Dates | Getting Started on ALCF Resources - New user training via videoconference (view slides)
- March 30; July 13; September 28 | Ensemble Jobs for Better Throughput
- April 13; May 19 | INCITE Proposal Writing Webinar
- May 24 - 26 | Scaling Your Science on Mira
- July 31 - August 12 | Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing - ATPESC
Outreach at the ALCF
A key part of the ALCF outreach mission is to promote our user community’s research activities and scientific breakthroughs, and the unique resources and capabilities of the facility itself. For the general public, ALCF staff produces interesting science summaries and program descriptions, conducts facility tours, and participates in Laboratory open houses. For our users, we organize and host expert-guided, hands-on workshops on the latest tools, computational resources, and services we provide in support of scientific discovery.
An equally important outreach effort is our leadership and participation in events aimed at promoting diversity at the ALCF. We advertise a wide range of professional opportunities—from summer internships to computational scientist positions—to underrepresented minority colleges and organizations, participate in ‘Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day,’ and attend the annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference series.