Join us for an upcoming event. We offer a variety of conferences and workshops each year to provide training and information for new and existing users. Click on the events, below, for details and registration information.
2015 Event Schedule
- January 21, 22, 28, 29 | Getting Started Videoconferences
- April 9, May 27, June 1 | INCITE Proposal Writing Webinar
- May 19 - 21 | Mira Performance Boot Camp
- August 2 - 14 | Argonne Training Program on Extreme-Scale Computing - ATPESC
- June 25, 30; August 26 | Getting Started Videoconferences
- July 29; September 24 | Ensemble Jobs for Better Throughput
2014 Event Schedule
- January 23, 24, 29, or 30 | Getting Started Videoconferences
- April 22, May 15 | INCITE Proposal Writing Webinar
- May 20 - 22 | Mira Performance Boot Camp
- June 16 - 18 | Joint Facilities User Forum on Data-Intensive Computing
- July 2, 10; August 27 | Getting Started Videoconferences
- July 14 - 18 | QMC Training Program
- August 3 - 15 | Extreme-Scale Computing Training Program
- November 5 | Webinar: Getting Started with ParaView for DOE Facility Users
- December 9 | Getting Started Videoconferences
Outreach at the ALCF
A key part of the ALCF outreach mission is to promote our user community’s research activities and scientific breakthroughs, and the unique resources and capabilities of the facility itself. For the general public, ALCF staff produces interesting science summaries and program descriptions, conducts facility tours, and participates in Laboratory open houses. For our users, we organize and host expert-guided, hands-on workshops on the latest tools, computational resources, and services we provide in support of scientific discovery.
An equally important outreach effort is our leadership and participation in events aimed at promoting diversity at the ALCF. We advertise a wide range of professional opportunities—from summer internships to computational scientist positions—to underrepresented minority colleges and organizations, participate in ‘Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day,’ and attend the annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference series.