Join us for an upcoming event. We offer a variety of conferences and workshops each year to provide training and information for new and existing users.
2014 Event Schedule
- January 23, 24, 29, or 30 | Getting Started Videoconference
- August 3 - August 15 | Extreme-Scale Computing Training Program
2013 Event Schedule
- January 17, 18, 24 or 25 | Getting Started Videoconference 2013 | Download slides
- March 4 - 8 | Mira Community Conference
- April 25 & May 14 | INCITE Proposal Writing Webinar
- May 15 & 16 | Early Science Program Investigators Meeting
- May 21 - 24 | Mira Performance Boot Camp
Outreach at the ALCF
A key part of the ALCF outreach mission is to promote our user community’s research activities and scientific breakthroughs, and the unique resources and capabilities of the facility itself. For the general public, ALCF staff produces interesting science summaries and program descriptions, conducts facility tours, and participates in Laboratory open houses. For our users, we organize and host expert-guided, hands-on workshops on the latest tools, computational resources, and services we provide in support of scientific discovery.
An equally important outreach effort is our leadership and participation in events aimed at promoting diversity at the ALCF. We advertise a wide range of professional opportunities—from summer internships to computational scientist positions—to underrepresented minority colleges and organizations, participate in ‘Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day,’ and attend the annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing conference series.