George K. Thiruvathukal is a full professor of computer science at Loyola University Chicago. His primary research interests span high-performance computing, distributed systems, and software engineering. His current research foci are on machine learning and computer vision, empirical software engineering (in support of research software development), and the intersection of cloud computing and supercomputing.
Dr. Thiruvathukal received the PhD and MS degrees in computer science from Illinois Institute of Technology in 1995 and 1990, respectively and BA degrees in physics and computer science (mathematics minor) from Lewis University (Romeoville, IL) in 1988.
For more information, see http://luc.edu/gkthiruvathukal.
- High-Performance Computing, Languages, and Systems
- Distributed Systems and Clouds
- Software Engineering and Teamwork
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- History of Computing and Digital Humanities
- Computing Education
- Broadening Participation in Computing
- Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues in Computing
- Interdisciplinary Thinking