Offload Your Code from CPU to GPU … and Optimize It
As developers port applications from CPUs to GPUs, they struggle to identify which code will benefit most from offloading … and how to knock out bottlenecks once migration is done. This webinar shows you how.
Locating and removing bottlenecks is an inherent challenge for every application developer. And it’s made more complex when porting an app to a new platform … say, from a CPU to a GPU. Developers who do that not only must identify bottlenecks, they must figure out which parts of the code will benefit from offloading in the first place.
In this webinar, software optimization expert Kevin O’Leary discusses how the Intel® oneAPI beta version of Intel® Advisor helps developers remove these new CPU-to-GPU porting obstacles.
- Offload Advisor—a command-line feature of the beta product that projects performance speedup on accelerators and estimates offload overhead
- GPU Roofline Analysis—a technical preview that identifies bottlenecks in GPU-ported code and shows how close its performance is to system maximums
- A Demo—get a walkthrough of a matrix multiplication example to learn how the above features can help you optimize application efficiency for GPUs.
Get started with oneAPI
- Download Intel® Advisor (beta) as part of the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit—an essential set of 15 software development tools and libraries optimized for diverse workloads and architectures.
- Develop in the Cloud—Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud account, a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software.
More Intel® Advisor (beta) resources