REGISTRATION IS FULL
Argonne National Laboratory will host a Quantum Computing Tutorial on December 10-11, 2018, at the lab's Theory and Computing Sciences (TCS) Conference Center.
Designed to teach attendees the basics of quantum computing, the two-day event will feature speakers from Argonne, Clemson, and Atos. The tutorial will cover the following topics:
- The foundations of quantum computing
- Available quantum simulators and computers, and how to use them
- Popular quantum algorithms
- A detailed look at the QAOA algorithm and its implementation, including how it was implemented to run on IBM quantum computer
- Quantum error correction and quantum communication
This is an internal workshop for laboratory employees only. Argonne postdocs and advanced graduate students are encouraged to attend. No knowledge of quantum computing is required.
Please note: There is no fee to attend the workshop, but participants are responsible for their own lunch. Space is limited and registration is required. Hal Finkel and Yuri Alexeev from CPS/ALCF are hosting this event.
- Foreign Nationals: November 12, 2018
- U.S. Citizen: November 26, 2018