NOTE: Registration has reached capacity.
Argonne National Laboratory, future home of the Aurora exascale system, will hold its first Quantum Computing Workshop from July 25-27, 2018, at the lab's Theory and Computing Sciences (TCS) Conference Center.
Participants will learn about the latest research and technologies in quantum computing. The workshop has four goals:
- To inform attendees about the quantum computing programs at several participating institutions and highlight promising research opportunities
- To serve as an incubator for future collaborations
- To teach attendees about available tools for simulating quantum computers, and how to use them
- To present state-of-the-art research in quantum computing
The three-day event will feature speakers from Argonne, the University of Chicago, Intel, Google, Rigetti, Atos, and several other national laboratories and companies.
Each day of the workshop will have a different theme:
- July 25: An overview of quantum-computing-related programs and research opportunities
- July 26: Presentations and tutorials on quantum-computing programming environments, software stacks, and algorithms
- July 27: Research presentations (including student presentations)
The workshop is open to advanced graduate students, postdoctoral associates, staff, and faculty from colleges, universities, research laboratories, and industry nationwide.
There is no fee to attend the workshop, but participants are responsible for their own travel expenses. Space is limited and registration is required. Please do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until your registration is confirmed by Argonne administrative staff.
Please make your hotel reservation here:
Argonne Guest House (Marriott) at Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue - Building 460
Argonne, IL 60439
Reservations: (800) 632-8990
Fax: (630) 739-1000
There is a free shuttle near the meeting location and hotel: Pick-up/Drop off Shuttle Service: from main/north gate to Argonne Guest House Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm