In an effort to ensure that valuable ALCF computing resources are used judiciously, a pullback policy has been instituted. Projects granted allocations under the INCITE and ALCC programs that have not used a significant amount of their allocation will be evaluated and adjusted during the year following the policies outlined on this page.
The figures outlined below represent the maximum amount that will be pulled back from projects after specific dates during the allocation period. The decision to reduce allocations will be made on a case-by-case basis in discussion with the project's primary investigators (PIs).
INCITE Pullback Policy
On May 1 of the current INCITE calendar year:
- if usage is less than 15% remove up to 15% of the unused balance
- if usage is less than 10% remove up to 30% of the unused balance
On September 1 of the current INCITE calendar year:
- if usage is less than 50% remove up to 33% of the unused balance
- if usage is less than 33% remove up to 50% of the unused balance
- if usage is less than 10% remove up to 75% of the unused balance
ALCC Pullback Policy
ALCC projects must use 50% of their allocation within the first seven months of the allocation cycle. Any unused time in excess of 50% will be deducted from the project allocation at the end of the seven month period.